January 21, 2011

A Sneak Peak at This Spring's New Colors, Styles, and Trends in Home Decor

I just got back from the Atlanta International Gift Show followed by the California Gift Show @ The L.A. Mart- two cities filled with the latest trends and tomorrows looks in home decor. I got to see some really fun and cool stuff that I wanted to share with you.

1. It's the new French Revolution- It seems that if you don't have a pillow with some french words scripted on it, clearly you are not that cool. Literally every designer showroom brought in this rustic French theme. I saw Eiffel Tower pillows, shot glasses, and salt & pepper shakers.


2. The British Are Coming! The British Are Coming!


The Beatles are back......again. So is Big Ben, and British Flags (like on these cool trunks above).

3. Anchors - I think this was my favorite come-back story of the shows. The Anchor is back and not in a snobby country club way. This is a fun and kitschy bath mat I saw from Kikkerland.


4. Insects and dragonflies are out! Owls, Peacocks, & Birdies are in! These flying animals were seen all over, from door mats to duvet covers.


5. I haven't seen this much Tie-Dye since my totally rad summer camp days in the 80's. It appears that, in anticipation of passing Prop 19: The Regulate, Control, & Tax Cannabis Act, designers were scurrying to set the mood. Unfortunately, the Prop didn't pass... but at least we got these cool pillows out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment