August 25, 2010

When You're Trying To Make A Dollar Out Of Fifteen Cents


You would be astonished what amazing items you can find and thrift stores and yard sales. As the old cliche states, one persons trash is another ones treasure. L.A. is the mecca of weekend yard sales and if you are patient and have no problems throwing a few elbows you may find that perfect lamp or jewelry box. If your looking to truly design on a dime don't be afraid to check out places like the Goodwill Store and Out of The Closet. In addition to rummaging through someones hand-me-downs you may also grab a great t-shirt or pair of jeans.
Using these resources is also a good way for you to purge your old stuff. By donating furniture and accessories to these non-profit centers you can receive a tax write-off, you make room for something new in your place, and perhaps your hand me downs may be someone else's killer find. One of my all time favorite items that I found by just stopping on a whim at a yard sale on my corner was an original "Lite-Brite" for just $1.00. I bust it out for birthdays and such and it always brings a smile to the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment