July 2, 2010

Finally Some Cool Funiture Stores To Cater To All Of Those Downtown Lofts






For the past several years I have been hearing all about the loft living boom going on in downtown L.A. and all the cool new places to check out . The city is bustling again with L.A. Live, the many new art galleries, and tons of new bars and restaurants. I decided to check out what all the buzz was about, primarily seeking out the new furniture stores that I heard about. So I left my Hollywood comfort zone, got on the Metro and rode the red line. I was in search of two stores (SUB)URBAN and Isquared. I quickly and easily found them both and they were just a few block walk from one another.

My first stop was at Isquared, an urban boutique spin-off from their mother company interior illusions. I totally digged a lot of stuff there, especially this Wall Mounted Desk, seen above. The place had a lot of really great items, however, I was the only person in the store for about 35 minutes and the kid behind the counter didn't look up from his computer once not even to say hi. Listen I'm not a fan of the annoying salesman following you around the store however a little common courtesy is always nice. I have worked a retail floor myself and if I was the owner I would of thrown that kid through the beautiful glass window the store corners on W7th/Spring St.

I then ventured to (SUB)URBAN a very unique and friendly environment with some very interesting furniture and accessories. This place was a lot more out of the box mixing some conventional styles with their own local artist spin on them. One of my favorite items was a gold nailrailed chair in this great rusted pumpkin color leather. It was exciting to see that downtown is finally happening.

These stores were far from affordable, however I totally support them because it's part of what downtown L.A. has been missing. I am sure more stores will pop up in the many hip new neighborhoods down there and The guy in 2A will continue to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment