July 26, 2010

I'm So Lucited!


Acrylic or what most people refer to as Lucite or Plexiglass is becoming very popular in furniture again. The revival could be mostly credited to Philippe Starck's ghost chair a reinvention of the famous Louis XV arm chair. You can find some great knock-offs of this chair at places like IKEA but if you want the real thing click here. Lucite is a fun, fresh, and now affordable way to decorate your house. From dining chairs to coffee tables it creates a lighter and warmer look. You can find these great nesting tables seen above at CB2.

4 comments:

  1. Guy in 2A - I have 2 questions for you about lucite:
    1) Can lucite furniture really be comfortable? While it might look nice, I've found most of the furniture to be painful.
    2) If I decide to get some lucite tables, what do you recommend in terms of materials, colors, and styles to ensure that my living room doesn't look 'cheesy'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found you, Guy in 2A!!!! I was reading your blog and came across some awesome suggestions and links! My husband, who is an architect, and I looked all over the internet for a coffee table/ottoman for our den. When we used your link to check out Interior Illusions in West Hollywood we were thrilled to find just what we were looking for! We are redoing our guest bedroom and have turned to your blog to help us make decorating decisions!!! Keep on blogging!! Thanks so much, Rebecca Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guy in 2A, every time I read your blog I defecate all over my polynesian rug, but its OK, because I got it wholesale after clicking on a link from your site! I owe you EVERY inch of my lower intestine! Bravo, guy in 2A, BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous #1- Whether its fashion or funiture the Guy In 2A believes it's better to look good then to feel good. The lucite tables allows you to actually showcase your other belongings, knick- knacks,& tchotkes. they will look great on Lucite not cheesy at all.

    Anonymous #2- That's Awesome glad you didn't spend a lot of cash on the rug!

    ReplyDelete